This collection of articles included in Population Europe’s Discussion Paper No. 10 captures the state-of-the-art research in the field of Gender (In)Equality based upon data from the Generations & Gender Programme.
The contributions present, in concise format, the key theories, socio-demographic trends and remaining questions regarding gender (in)equality across multiple domains of life.
All of the articles draw their empirical evidence from data from the Generations & Gender Programme’s open access datasets on life course and family dynamics.
- Introduction. Anne H. Gauthier and Irena E. Kotowska
- Does Gender Equality Affect Fertility Decisions in Europe? Letizia Mencarini
- Gender Division Of Unpaid Work. Trude Lappegård
- What Place Does Female and Male Sterilisation Have in the Contraceptive Regimes of Europe? Mieke C. W. Eeckhaut and Megan M. Sweeney
- Gender Gap in Repartnering. Martin Kreidl and Zuzana Žilinčíková
- Grandparenthood and Female Employment. Valeria Bordone and Bruno Arpino
- Gender Inequality in Late-Life Loneliness and Depression: A Comparative European Perspective. Thomas Hansen and Britt Slagsvold
- Conclusions. Anne H. Gauthier and Irena E. Kotowska
Gauthier, Anne H.; Kotowska, Irena E. and Vono de Vilhena, Daniela (2018): Gender (In)Equality over the Life Course. Discussion Paper No. 10, Berlin: Max Planck Society/Population Europe.